Top 10 Reasons To Have a Nanny Cam
The Nanny Cam is a controversial subject in many situations. People are uncertain about whether these cameras are as useful as they claim to be, and whether they're ethically allowed to be used in the home. Legally, nanny cameras are allowable in most states and usually without consent. However, every state is different so you will have to check the laws before making an investment like this. A lot of people think it is an invasion of privacy to use a nanny cam, but that's hardly the case. After all, if you are leaving your child with a veritable stranger, it makes sense to want to keep an eye on things if you can. Case in point: many daycare centers are welcoming the installation of cameras so that parents can see what's going on and trust their kids are well taken care of. The same rule applies in your home. You can use these cameras for any occasion when you're not there, giving you peace of mind and an awareness of what is going on in the home at all times.
Here are the top 10 reasons that you need a nanny camera:
- It gives you the chance to see what is going on when you're not home. Whether or not you trust the nanny or your children, you can keep an eye on things. For some parents, this is a critical part of leaving the children with a babysitter or nanny.
- Your child deserves to be safe. You don't really know someone, even if they're family, in some instances. It's scary the things that can happen when you least expect them. That's why having a nanny cam can be so helpful. You can keep an eye on the situation and make sure your child is always safe.
- Babysitters can often be lazy and self-absorbed. Although this isn't always the case, the last thing that you want is your child crying for food or attention while the nanny is texting, watching TV, or even making out with her boyfriend. That's not what they're being paid for, after all.
- Some nannies and babysitters think that they can implement their own rules, including discipline. This means that your child might be getting spanked, handled roughly, or mistreated in other ways that are not condoned. You can't prove this without a nanny cam, however, because the odds are slim that you will ever catch it in the act.
- Children might not like their nanny. This can lead them to make up stories and tell you that their babysitter is doing things that they aren't actually doing. Their goal is to get rid of the nanny because they don't like them. In this situation, a nanny cam can prove the child wrong and be used to teach them how to behave in the situation.
- Some people are content leaving children unattended. If you want to make sure that your child is getting the right amount of supervision and attention, a hidden camera can help. You can see everything that is going on and make sure that your kids are getting the attention that they need and deserve.
- People change. Even if it seems like you hired a regular Mary Poppins, you don't know that she will always stay that way. She could even just be putting up appearances. Having a nanny cam will allow you to trust that your children are well taken care of by someone who knows what they are doing and cares about their job.
- Nanny cams are also ideal to help keep kids out of danger. Whether you're home or they're with the sitter, having a surveillance camera will make sure that they aren't getting into things they aren't supposed to and that they are being watched carefully by someone else when you're not there.
- Do you have home renovations planned? Not only does a nanny cam help with your babysitters and nannies, but it also gives you the chance to check up on contractors, repairmen, and others who will be in and out of your home when you aren't there. That gives you proof that they're working and keeps your belongings safe.
- Does your child have behavioral issues? If they like to pretend or tell stories to you, getting the facts can help. Catch them on their own, when they are playing (or plotting) by using a nanny cam to learn what they're up to and try to get to the bottom of the issue.